2011/06/26

Grubby's Commentary: A Blast From the Past

This is more of a personal post. Warcraft III is my favorite game of all time. I remember when it was released, my birthday. My brother brought home the collector's edition of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and we opened it and took turns going through the campaign. It took us about a week to get through it and I loved every aspect of it, the story, the gameplay, the combination of RPG and RTS -- simply put it was amazing. I soon discovered online play. This was my first real game into the adventure of online gaming (I played Diablo 2 for a few weeks before that). I was 11 years old, and I quickly fell in love with this game. Playing it nonstop for hours, just cramming in ladder games to build up my profile. As I played, the expansion pack was eventually released and added a whole new depth.

I eventually came across the pro gaming side of Warcraft III. I was and still am by no means up to par of these players, but my fascination for the game lead me to habitually watch their replays and streams. This cyber sport was almost like a real sport to me, I rooted and cheered for players and I was mesmerized by the skill and abilities these pro gamers possessed. One of these players is Grubby, Manuel Schenkhuizen, arguably the greatest Warcraft III player. He wasn't known for his insane micro, macro, or innovative strategies such as one of his opponents, Moon. He's an all-around great player who played smart. He made tactical decisions and calculations in real time throughout every game. Using risk-benefit analysis he conquered his opponents in such decisive manners that it was alluring. Being an Orc player like myself additionally drew me to how great of a player he was.

Grubby is recently recollecting upon his past games; he's providing commentary on some of his most exciting matches. In these commentaries, the audience gets a personal look at Grubby's thought process. We listen to how calculates his every move and observes his opponent for the best move. The inherent knowledge that he provides can be applied to nearly any competitive video game and is an overall useful fundamental knowledge. You can see how Grubby applies philosophical and economic theories to his gameplay.

Overall for any Warcraft III player out there, this will improve your abilities in how to assess and react to certain situations. It is a must to step up your game.

For more news on the latest PC Gaming scene visit http://budgetbuildpc.com/. In addition, to the latest PC gaming news, we also feature the latest budget builds and hardware news.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment